Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Music Meme

Here you go mom, hope you are happy.

1. Total amount of music files on your computer:
From a few years ago when I was attending college full-time and before Napster became a pay service, I have over a thousand MP3 files.

2. The last CD you bought was: Two CD's actually, Bob Marley "Kaya," and a really good mixed CD by DJ Z-Trip, which is an interesting mix of lots of music mixed on two turntables, everything from Janis Joplin and Fleetwood Mac to Run DMC and Outkast.

3. What is the song that you last listened to before reading this: Some not-so-good Nelly song that I saw on the TV while I was here at work.

4. What are your five favorite songs and why they mean the most to you:
This one is tough, for the most part I like artists and will put in a CD to listen to the whole thing. It is also tough because the diversity of music that I enjoy kind of makes it hard to even name 1 group from five genres that would do justice to them all. With that being said, I will try very hard to name 5 groups that I have been listening to lately.

1. This may sound cliche to some of the younger folk that might read this, but I really like Kanye West's album "College Dropout." Good hip-hop.
2. No explaination needed, Johnny Cash.
3. Another awesome hip-hop head that people should check out is Atomosphere, a MC from Minnesota.
4. This one is kind of a two part answer; I just watched the movie "Ray," which was awesome, so I would say Ray Charles and as a derivative of that, another great musician that I have loved since childhood, Buddy Holly.
5. Last but certainly not least, anything and everything by the best white hip-hoppers ever, the Beastie Boys. From their humble beginings as drunk party boys, to their socially enlightened, morally concious latest album, they are always fun and setting new standards.

5. What 3 people would you pass this baton on to and why?
Ryan Healey, Tyson Favaloro and Jimmy Bowling. Ryan and Tyson are DJ's so they keep me excited about new music, and Jimmy just makes me listen to all kinds of different music and also sort of reminds me of some of my parents taste in music as far as bluegrass and stuff.

Hope that gives some insight into my tastes for music and the things that get me motivated to listen to new stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home